Hörbuch: Handbook to the Rivers and Broads of Norfolk & Suffolk
Handbook to the Rivers and Broads of Norfolk & Suffolk
1 - Introduction
- Download Introduction audio
- Download The Broad District audio
- Download Down The Yare—Norwich To Reedham audio
- Download Reedham To Yarmouth audio
- Download Yarmouth To Acle audio
- Download Acle To Wroxham audio
- Download Wroxham Broad audio
- Download Wroxham To Coltishall audio
- Download Up The Ant, To Barton And Stalham audio
- Download Womack Broad audio
- Download Hickling Broad audio
- Download Horsey Mere And Somerton Broad audio
- Download Back To Yarmouth audio
- Download Yarmouth To Somerleyton, Up The Waveney audio
- Download From Somerleyton To Beccles audio
- Download Oulton Broad audio
- Download Ormesby And Fritton audio
- Download Appendix - Railway Access To Fishing Stations audio
- Download Appendix - Norfolk And Suffolk Fisheries Act audio
- Download Appendix - Fishing Generally audio
- Download Appendix - Fishing for Roach audio
- Download Appendix - Fishing for Bream audio
- Download Appendix - Yachting audio
- Download Appendix - Shooting And Skating - Fauna of the Broads audio
The Broads are Britain's largest protected wetland and are home to a wealth of wildlife, especially fish and birdlife. They comprise a network of mostly navigable rivers and lakes in the English counties of Norfolk and Suffolk. The lakes (or broads) were originally formed by the gradual natural flooding of medieval peat excavations and cover an area of some 303 square kilometres (117 sq mi).
The rivers and broads subsequently evolved to become a system of water-highways linking the City of Norwich and other inland towns such as, Beccles, Belaugh and Barton with the sea-ports of Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft. This is also where the unique Norfolk Wherry, with its shallow draught and distinctive gaff rig with a single, high-peaked sail carried goods and passengers around the Broads area.The Broads have also been a boating holiday destination since the late 19th century and this book is a record of a two week waterborne holiday taken by the author and a friend at the turn of the last century.
So, join me if you will, on an auditory cruise around these unique waterways through expansive landscapes under wide open skies.
Hat Ihnen das Gehörte gefallen? Teilen Sie es mit Ihren Freunden und Ihrer Familie!.