Hörbuch: Eugene Onéguine
1 - 01 - Canto I - 'The Spleen' Part 1
- Download 01 - Canto I - 'The Spleen' Part 1 audio
- Download 02 - Canto I - 'The Spleen' Part 2 audio
- Download 03 - Canto II - The Poet Part 1 audio
- Download 04 - Canto II - The Poet Part 2 audio
- Download 05 - Canto III - The Country Damsel Part 1 audio
- Download 06 - Canto III - The Country Damsel Part 2 audio
- Download 07 - Canto IV - The Rural Life Part 1 audio
- Download 08 - Canto IV - The Rural Life Part 2 audio
- Download 09 - Canto V - The Fete Part 1 audio
- Download 10 - Canto V - The Fete Part 2 audio
- Download 11 - Canto VI - The Duel Part 1 audio
- Download 12 - Canto VI - The Duel Part 2 audio
- Download 13 - Canto VII - Moscow Part 1 audio
- Download 14 - Canto VII - Moscow Part 2 audio
- Download 15 - Canto VIII - The Great World Part 1 audio
- Download 16 - Canto VIII - The Great World Part 2 audio
Eugene Oneguine is a classic of Russian literature, and its eponymous protagonist has served as the model for a number of Russian literary heroes (so-called superfluous men). It was published in serial form between 1825 and 1832. The first complete edition was published in 1833, and the currently accepted version is based on the 1837 publication.
Almost the entire work is made up of 389 stanzas of iambic tetrameter with the unusual rhyme scheme "AbAbCCddEffEgg", where the uppercase letters represent feminine rhymes while the lowercase letters represent masculine rhymes. This form has come to be known as the "Onegin stanza" or the "Pushkin sonnet." The rhythm, innovative rhyme scheme, the natural tone and diction, and the economical transparency of presentation all demonstrate the virtuosity which has been instrumental in proclaiming Pushkin as the undisputed master of Russian poetry.
The story is told by a narrator (a lightly fictionalized version of Pushkin's public image), whose tone is educated, worldly, and intimate. The narrator digresses at times, usually to expand on aspects of this social and intellectual world. This allows for a development of the characters and emphasizes the drama of the plot despite its relative simplicity. The book is admired for the artfulness of its verse narrative as well as for its exploration of life, death, love, ennui, convention and passion. (Introduction from Wikipedia)
Hat Ihnen das Gehörte gefallen? Teilen Sie es mit Ihren Freunden und Ihrer Familie!.