Audiobook: Burning Secret
1 - I The Partner
- Download I The Partner audio
- Download II Quick Friendship audio
- Download III The Trio audio
- Download IV The Attack audio
- Download V The Elephants audio
- Download VI Skirmishing audio
- Download VII The Burning Secret audio
- Download VIII Silent Hostility audio
- Download IX The Liars audio
- Download X On the Trail audio
- Download XI The Surprise Attack audio
- Download XII The Tempest audio
- Download XIII Dawning Perception audio
- Download XIV Darkness and Confusion audio
- Download XV The Last Dream audio
A lonely, convalescing 12 year-old boy and his attractive mother, who is in a loveless marriage, meet a gentleman while vacationing at a European resort. Seeking an enjoyable way to pass the time, the man schemes to seduce the woman with the unwitting help of the boy. The son, puzzled by the developing relationship, becomes increasingly isolated and suspicious as he loses his childish innocence in this gripping coming-of-age novella.
This work is translated from the original German, Brennendes Geheimnis, which has also been recorded for LibriVox.
Stefan Zweig was one of the world's most acclaimed writers during the 1920s and 1930s. He produced novels, plays, biographies and journals. He and his second wife committed suicide in 1942. (Lee Smalley)
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.