Audiobook: Star Born
1 - Shooting Star
- Download Shooting Star audio
- Download Planetfall audio
- Download Snake-Devil's Trail audio
- Download Civilization audio
- Download Banded Devil audio
- Download Treasure Hunt audio
- Download Many Eyes, Many Ears audio
- Download Airlift audio
- Download Sea Gate audio
- Download Dead Guardians audio
- Download Espionage audio
- Download Alien Patrol audio
- Download A Hound is Loosed audio
- Download The Prisoner audio
- Download Arena audio
- Download Surprise Attack audio
- Download Destruction Unleashed audio
- Download Not Yet audio
Andre Norton's "Star Born" pictures a human colony in another galaxy, driven away from Earth generations ago by a repressive government. Considered outlaws, the colonists are in permanent hiding.
They have developed friendship and cooperation with a local race of "mermen" who are equally at home on land or sea. But that race only took to the sea to escape a malevolent power that hunted them and killed them violently for sport - Those Others.
With a global decline in the population and reach of Those Others, contacts are few and the humans have no direct knowledge of them. So it is a major surprise when Dalgard, a human scout on his coming-of-age expedition, along with his "knife-brother" Sssuri of the mermen, run into a party of Those Others who are bent on reclaiming hideous weaponries left behind in one of their abandoned cities... and find that they are being aided by new arrivals from Earth! (Summary by Mark F. Smith)
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.