Sách nói: Buttered Side Down
Buttered Side Down
1 - Foreword
- Download Foreword audio
- Download The Frog and the Puddle audio
- Download The Man Who Came Back audio
- Download What She Wore audio
- Download A Bush League Hero audio
- Download The Kitchen Side of the Door audio
- Download One of the Old Girls audio
- Download Maymeys from Cuba audio
- Download The Leading Lady audio
- Download That Home-Town Feeling audio
- Download The Homely Heroine audio
- Download Sun Dried audio
- Download Where the Car Turns at 18th audio
Thể loại sách nói
"And so," the story writers used to say, "they lived happily ever after."
Um-m-m—maybe. After the glamour had worn off, and the glass slippers were worn out, did the Prince never find Cinderella's manner redolent of the kitchen hearth; and was it never necessary that he remind her to be more careful of her finger-nails and grammar? After Puss in Boots had won wealth and a wife for his young master did not that gentleman often fume with chagrin because the neighbors, perhaps, refused to call on the lady of the former poor miller's son?
It is a great risk to take with one's book-children. These stories make no such promises. They stop just short of the phrase of the old story writers, and end truthfully, thus: And so they lived. E. F. (Summary from the Foreword to "Buttered Side Down")
Đừng quên chia sẻ với bạn bè nếu bạn thích nội dung này.