Sách nói: The Wife of His Youth and Other Stories of the Color Line
The Wife of His Youth and Other Stories of the Color Line
1 - 01 - The Wife of His Youth
- Download 01 - The Wife of His Youth audio
- Download 02 - Her Virginia Mammy audio
- Download 03 - The Sheriff's Children audio
- Download 04 - A Matter of Principle audio
- Download 05 - Cicely's Dream audio
- Download 06 - The Passing of Grandison audio
- Download 07 - Uncle Wellington's Wives (Chapters I & II) audio
- Download 08 - Uncle Wellington's Wives (Chapters III & IV) audio
- Download 09 - The Bouquet audio
- Download 10 - The Web of Circumstance audio
Thể loại sách nói
Published in 1899, The Wife of His Youth and Other Stories of the Color Line is a collection of narratives that addresses the impact of Jim Crow laws on African Americans and white Americans of the South. Many of Chesnutt's characters are of mixed-race ancestry which sets them apart for a specific yet degrading kind of treatment from blacks and whites. These stories examine particularly how life in the South was informed through a legacy of slavery and Reconstruction—how members of the “old dominion” desperately struggled to breath life into the corpse of an antebellum caste system that no longer defined the path and direction in which this country was headed. (Introduction by James K. White).
Đừng quên chia sẻ với bạn bè nếu bạn thích nội dung này.