Sách nói: Favorite Chapters Collection
Favorite Chapters Collection
1 - Little Women – Chapter 28
- Download Little Women – Chapter 28 audio
- Download La Dame aux Camelias – Chapter 6 audio
- Download The Kalevala – Rune 43 – The Sampo Lost in the Sea audio
- Download The Scarlet Pimpernel – Chapter 19 audio
- Download Barchester Towers – Chapter 16 – Baby Worship audio
- Download The Pickwick Papers – Chapter 28 audio
- Download Seven Little Australians – Chapters 21 and 22 audio
- Download Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) – Chapter 9 audio
- Download The Antichrist – Sections 54-62 audio
- Download History of England, Vol 1, chapter 1, part 1 audio
Thể loại sách nói
All of us have our own favorite parts of a book which we love to read and re-read. The nicest part of this is that each time you read, you find something new to savor and remember.
For those of us who haven't read some of the classics, a teaser in the form of a single chapter would probably be intriguing enough to want us to take up the book and start reading.
Favorite Chapters Collection 001 is one such delicious tasting table! Ten chapters from some of the best known classics in English are available here and they're sure to delight not only those who have read the entire book but also those who are yet to do so.
Kicking off with Part I Chapter I from Vol I of David Hume's The History of England, published in 1688, the collection gets off to a great start. Chapter I deals with the Britons, Romans, Saxons and the ancient kingdoms of Kent, Northumberland and East Anglia. Interesting tidbits of information about the Druids and their dominance through the power of fear and superstition are included.
In complete contrast, you will smile a while with Chapter 28 from Dickens' The Pickwick Papers. This is the charming “Christmas Chapter” in which the Pickwickians travel to Dingley Dell.
Other selections include an exciting chapter from The Scarlet Pimpernel, a tender scene from Dumas' La Dame Aux Camelias and a charming episode from Little Women entitled “Domestic Experiences” in which the newly-married Meg discovers the bitter-sweet pleasures of managing a house.
Chapters from Barchester Towers and Three Men in a Boat are included. Among the lesser-known books are The Kalevala, a 19th century compilation of Finnish folklore in the form of runes or verses. A chapter from the last book that Friedrich Nietzsche wrote, The Antichrist, is also included.
Great for browsing and a superb addition to your bookshelf!
Đừng quên chia sẻ với bạn bè nếu bạn thích nội dung này.