Audiobook: Ukrainians and the European War
Ukrainians and the European War
1 - Anonymous - The Forgotten Nation of the Eastern Europe (the Ruthenian Question)
- Download Anonymous - The Forgotten Nation of the Eastern Europe (the Ruthenian Question) audio
- Download George Raffalovich - The Conquest of Galicia audio
- Download Alexander von Nuber - The Menace of the Great Bear audio
- Download George Raffalovich - The war in Galicia audio
- Download Various - Protest of the Ukrainians audio
- Download George Raffalovich - The Ukraine and the Small Nations audio
- Download Dr. Samuel Max Melamed - Hopes of the Little Peoples of Russia. Part 1 audio
- Download Dr. Samuel Max Melamed - Hopes of the Little Peoples of Russia. Part 2 audio
- Download Anonymous - Protests Russian rule in Galicia audio
- Download Anonymous - Woman Bears Sword in Army of Austia audio
The WWI (European war) for Ukrainians was the hope of its nation unity and freedom from Austria-Hungary but mostly from Russian Empire. Galicia was the bone in the throat for Russian government because Austria-Hungary provided Ukrainians with permission for their national development on its territory. Thanks to this Ukrainian patriotic literature spread all over the Ukrainian territories. Ukrainians who were trapped under Russian regime were inspired by the thought of their independence. Russia, fearing of riots and protests, pushed their propaganda about oppression of the Russians by Austria-Hungary in Galicia to annex it. This was the threshold of the European war.
Meanwhile, realizing the inevitability of the war between Russian Empire and Austria-Hungary, Ukrainian people all as one started to prepare for the struggle for their freedom. (Summary by Anastasiia Solokha)
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.