Audiobook: Speaking Voice
1 - 00 Preface and Introduction
- Download 00 Preface and Introduction audio
- Download 01 Pt. I, Ch. I Learning to Support the Tone audio
- Download 02 Pt. I, Ch. II Learning to Free the Tone audio
- Download 03 Pt. I, Ch. III Learning to Re-enforce the Tone audio
- Download 04 Pt. II, Ch. I The Technique of the Instrument: Discussion audio
- Download 05 Pt. II, Ch. II Study in Change of Pitch audio
- Download 06 Pt. II, Ch. III Study in Inflection audio
- Download 07 Pt. II, Ch. IV Study in Tone-color audio
- Download 08 Pt. III, Ch. I The Law of Approach audio
- Download 09 Pt. III Ch. II The Essay audio
- Download 10 Pt. III Ch. III The Fable audio
- Download 11 Pt. III Ch. IV Lyric Poetry including detailed study of Ode to a Skylark and complete poems Candlemas; Enamoured Architect of Airy Rhyme; The Flower's Name; Hunting Song; Hymn Before Sunrise, in the Vale of Chamouni; I Saw a New World; It was a Lover and his Lass; Juan's and Pablo's Songs from The Spanish Gypsy; The Lesser Children, or A Threnody at the Hunting Season; Love in the Winds; Marching Along; Memory; My Star; Pack, Clouds, Away and Welcome Day; She Was a Phantom of Delight; Topsy-turvy World. audio
- Download 12 Pt. III Ch. V Didactic Poetry including complete poems Each and All and Forbearance by R. W. Emerson. audio
- Download 13 Pt. III Ch. VI The Short Story including the complete short story The Revolt of 'Mother' by Mary E. Wilkins Freeman. audio
- Download 14 Pt. III Ch. VII Epic Poetry audio
- Download 15 Pt. III Ch. VIII The Dramatic Monologue and the Play including complete poems Incident of the French Camp; My Last Duchess; A Tale (epilogue to Two Poets of Croisic) by Robert Browning. audio
From the Preface of The Speaking Voice: principles of training simplified and condensed: "This book offers a method of voice training which is the result of a deliberate effort to simplify and condense, for general use, the principles which are fundamental to all recognized systems of vocal instruction. It contains practical directions accompanied by simple and fundamental exercises, first for the freeing of the voice and then for developing it when free."
Parts I and II of the book comprise advice on vocal production and techniques, while some chapters in Part III provide detailed guidance on the vocal interpretation of various literary genres, including the essay, various types of poetry, short stories, dramatic monologues and plays. Some chapters comprise mainly examples for practice, and include complete poems and stories.
The reader has endeavoured to follow the author's instructions, but makes no guarantee as to her success, especially in the poetic realm.
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.