Audiobook: Holiday Round
1 - Chapter 1 - Holiday Time
- Download Chapter 1 - Holiday Time audio
- Download Chapter 2 - The House-Warming audio
- Download Chapter 3 - At Play audio
- Download Chapter 4 - Two Stories audio
- Download Chapter 5 - An Odd Lot audio
- Download Chapter 6 - Little Plays for Amateurs audio
- Download Chapter 7 - A Chapter of Accidents audio
- Download Chapter 8 - Stories of Successful Lives audio
- Download Chapter 9 Part 1 - A Few Friends audio
- Download Chapter 9 Part 2 - A Few Friends audio
- Download Chapter 10 - Epilogue audio
Alan Alexander Milne, popularly known as A. A. Milne, is best known – perhaps to most people only known – for his children’s book, Winnie the Pooh. Yet he was an incredibly prolific author. He published dozens of successful plays, myriad humorous articles written for internationally prominent journals, a wide range of social, political, and other nonfiction works, and even a murder mystery.
This collection is humorous throughout, but humorous in a particularly Milnesque way: he consciously and quite openly rejected the bitterness of satire in favor of a peculiarly gentle, often self-deprecating humor. Included here are dozens of short essays showing, among other things, Milne’s extraordinary capacity to understand – and be understood by – children, and his special affinity for women, as friends and as lovers. - Summary by Kirsten Wever
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.