Audiobook: Dread Apache: That Early-Day Scourge of the Southwest
Dread Apache: That Early-Day Scourge of the Southwest
1 - Introduction - Paris Adopts Name of Apache
- Download Introduction - Paris Adopts Name of Apache audio
- Download Judge McComas and Wife Murdered - Little Boy Taken From Gastelo Ranch audio
- Download Mexicans Attack and Rob Wheaton - “Tommy Gates Displays Magnificent Nerve.” audio
- Download Brutal Murder of Mrs. Peck and Baby - Little Phil Saves Mother and Sisters audio
- Download Brave Little Johnnie Bartlett - Geronimo Surrenders to General Miles audio
- Download Apache Kid Begins Bloody Career - Killing of Sheriff and Deputy and Escape of Kid audio
- Download Sword Presented to General Miles - What Would You Do? audio
- Download Stoicism of Indian - Clark Vows Vengeance audio
- Download Kid Nears End of His Trail of Blood - Kid’s Career Ended audio
Excerpt which contains the opinions and biographical accounts from the author: "A short time ago, idling through a collection of early-day photographs, I came across two that vividly recalled the closing scenes in that bloody frontier drama in which the Apache was the chief actor. For many years the relentless foe of the pioneer, wary, tireless, cowardly and treacherous, he was the very incarnation of fiendishness, if possible, more pronounced in the squaw than in the man. Never meeting you in the open, always in ambush, concealed behind the big granite boulder, the point of a hill or a clump of brush, he and his fellows patiently awaited your solitary coming, all unconscious of danger, then—the crack of the rifle and it is all over."
Numerous short, biographical accounts and headlines are recounted, that history has recorded, for the listener to examine. (Summary by Laurie Banza)
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.