King Lear audiobook
(*) Your listen progress will be continuously saved. Just bookmark and come back to this page and continue where you left off.
Dont forget to share if you like it.
King Lear is widely held as the greatest of Shakespeare's tragedies; to some, it is the greatest play ever written. King Lear abdicates the British throne, to divide his kingdom among his three daughters in proportion to their professed love of him. His plan misfires when Cordelia, his youngest and favourite daughter, refuses to flatter her father; she is disinherited and banished.
This LibriVox recording marks the 400th anniversary of the first performance of the play, on December 26th 1606. (Summary by David Barnes)
LibriVox trivia….. This entire project was completed in just a week, from conception to delivery… A LibriVox record for a major dramatic work!
- King Lear: Andy Minter
- King of France: Ezwa
- Duke of Burgundy, Messenger, Captain: Justin Barrett
- Duke of Cornwall: Cori Samuel
- Duke of Albany: Kristin LeMoine
- Earl of Kent: Denny Sayers
- Earl of Gloster: Julian Jamison
- Edgar, Son to Gloster: Simon Taylor
- Edmund, Bastard Son to Gloster: John Gonzalez
- Curan, a Courtier: Karen Savage
- Old Man, Tenant to Gloster: CarlManchester
- Physician: Scott Walter
- Fool: Sean McGaughey
- Oswald, steward to Goneril: Andrew Lebrun
- An Officer employed by Edmund: Henry Frigon
- Gentleman, attendant on Cordelia: Kara Shallenberg
- A Herald: Gesine
- First Servant: Ophelia Darcy
- Second Servant: Esther
- Third Servant, Third Knight: Kirsten Ferreri
- Goneril, daughter to Lear: Rosalind Wills
- Regan, daughter to Lear: JemmaBlythe
- Cordelia, daughter to Lear: Kristin Hughes
- Stage directions: David Barnes