#1 - The Intellectual Temper of the Age
Winds of Doctrine: Studies in Contemporary Opinion
(*) Your listen progress will be continuously saved. Just bookmark and come back to this page and continue where you left off.
Even before the Great War turned the world upside down, Western civilization was being revolutionized at all levels: intellectually, philosophically, artistically. Noted positivist philosopher George Santayana published this volume on the eve of the War, trying to portray the status of philosophy and theology at that moment by analyzing six significant topics:
1. the intellectual "temper" of the age
2. the clash between Modernism and Christianity
3. the new idealism of Henri Bergson
4. the new skepticism of Bertrand Russell
5. Shelley's fusion of philosophy and poetry
6. the so-called "genteel" tradition in American philosophy.
Dont forget to share if you like it.