Audiobook: People of the Black Circle
People of the Black Circle
1 - 01 - Death Strikes a King
- Download 01 - Death Strikes a King audio
- Download 02 - A Barbarian from the Hills audio
- Download 03 - Khemsa Uses Magic audio
- Download 04 - An Encounter in the Pass audio
- Download 05 - The Black Stallion audio
- Download 06 - The Mountain of the Black Seers audio
- Download 07 - On to Vimsha audio
- Download 08 - Yasmina Knows Stark Terror audio
- Download 09 - The Castle of the Wizards audio
- Download 10 - Yasmina and Conan audio
"The People of the Black Circle" is one of the original novellas about Conan the Cimmerian, written by American author Robert E. Howard and first published in Weird Tales magazine in three parts over the September, October and November 1934 issues. It is set in the pseudo-historical Hyborian Age and concerns Conan kidnapping a regal princess of Vendhya (pre-historical India) and foiling a nefarious plot of world domination by the Black Seers of Yimsha. Due to its epic scope and atypical Hindustan flavor, the story is considered an undisputed classic of Conan lore and is often cited by Howard scholars as one of his best tales. It is also one of the few Howard stories where the reader is treated a deeper insight on magic and magicians beyond the stereotypical Hyborian depiction as demon conjurer-illusionist-priests.
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.