Audiobook: The Mystery of Edwin Drood
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
1 - 01 – The Dawn
- Download 01 – The Dawn audio
- Download 02 – A Dean, And A Chapter Also audio
- Download 03 – The Nuns’ House audio
- Download 04 – Mr Sapsea audio
- Download 05 – Mr Durdles and Friend audio
- Download 06 – Philanthropy in Minor Canon Corner audio
- Download 07 – More Confidences Than One audio
- Download 08 – Daggers Drawn audio
- Download 09 – Birds in the Bush audio
- Download 10 – Smoothing the Way audio
- Download 11 – A Picture and a Ring audio
- Download 12 – A Night With Durdles audio
- Download 13 – Both at Their Best audio
- Download 14 – When Shall These Three Meet Again? audio
- Download 15 – Impeached audio
- Download 16 – Devoted audio
- Download 17 – Philanthropy, Professional and Unprofessional audio
- Download 18 – A Settler in Cloisterham audio
- Download 19 – Shadow on the Sun-dial audio
- Download 20 – A Flight audio
- Download 21 – A Recognition audio
- Download 22 – A Gritty State Of Things Come On audio
- Download 23 – The Dawn Again audio
The Mystery of Edwin Drood is the final novel by Charles Dickens. It is a mystery indeed; the serial novel was just half completed at the time of Dickens’ death – leading to much speculation how it might have ended.
The novel is named after Edwin Drood, one of the characters, but it mostly tells the story of his uncle, a choirmaster named John Jasper, who is in love with his pupil, Rosa Bud. Miss Bud is Drood’s fiancée, and has also caught the eye of the high-spirited and hot-tempered Neville Landless! Landless comes from Ceylon with his twin sister, Helena. Neville Landless and Edwin Drood take a dislike to one another the moment they meet.
The story is set in Cloisterham, a lightly fictionalised Rochester (in Kent, England). Rochester is close to Dicken’s country house Gad’s Hill Place, where the final chapter was written and where Dickens died.
Adapted by Alan Chant from the Edwin Drood entry in Wikipedia.
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.