Audiobook: The Last of the Plainsmen
The Last of the Plainsmen
1 - 00 – Prefatory Note
- Download 00 – Prefatory Note audio
- Download 01 – The Arizona Desert audio
- Download 02 – The Range audio
- Download 03 – The Last Herd audio
- Download 04 – The Trail audio
- Download 05 – Oak Spring audio
- Download 06 – The White Mustang audio
- Download 07 – Snake Gulch audio
- Download 08 – Naza! Naza! Naza! audio
- Download 09 – The Land of the Musk-Ox audio
- Download 10 – Success and Failure audio
- Download 11 – On the Siwash audio
- Download 12 – Old Tom audio
- Download 13 – Singing Cliffs audio
- Download 14 – All Heroes but One audio
- Download 15 – Jones on Cougars audio
- Download 16 – Kitty audio
- Download 17 – Conclusion audio
Travel along as Mike Vendetti aka miketheauctioneer narrates an outstanding true account of a trip made in 1909 by Zane Grey and a plainsman, Buffalo Jones, through the Grand Canyon to lasso a cougar. That’s right lasso. Throw a rope around. That’s equivalent to catching one by the tail.
As I narrated this book, I found fact to be as exciting as fiction. This part of the west was relatively wild and untamed at this time. Wolves, wild horses, buffalo and other wildlife were quite prevalent, and the Indians were not that friendly.
This adventure would never make it to “Animal Planet”, or as a National Geographic special, because there is quite a lot of what we would consider cruelty to animals, but this is a true story, and life as it was at the turn of the last century. Parts of this story will offend the sensibilities of some, but it is a glimpse into a world that no longer exists. I was definitely drawn into this story, as I hope the listener will be.
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.