Audiobook: The Blonde Lady
The Blonde Lady
1 - 1 – Number 514, Series 23
- Download 1 – Number 514, Series 23 audio
- Download 2 – The Blue Diamond audio
- Download 3 – Holmlock Shears Opens Hostilities audio
- Download 4 – A Glimmer in the Darkness audio
- Download 5 – Kidnapped audio
- Download 6 – The Second Arrest of Arsene Lupin audio
- Download 7 – The Jewish Lamp, part 1 audio
- Download 8 – The Jewish Lamp, part 2 audio
- Download 9 – The Jewish Lamp, part 3 audio
In “The Blonde Lady, being a record of the duel of wits between Arsène Lupin and the English detective” – original title “Arsène Lupin contre Herlock Sholmes” – the gentleman-burglar once more meets his enemy, the English detective Herlock Sholmes. If in the last story of “Arsène Lupin, gentleman-burglar” Sherlock Holmes arrives too late (the name was at a later date changed to Herlock Sholmes in reply to complaints and threats by Conan Doyle regarding copyrights), in the two stories that compose “The Blonde Lady” these two great intellects are bound in opposite directions. Where one chooses to abide to the law, the other uses his power and wits to crime – and who is going to win?
These two stories appeared in chapters and as separate pieces in the magazine Je Sais Tout, during the years of 1906 and 1907, and were published together as a book first in 1908, being the second of the books where Arsène Lupin, the kind-hearted and humorous thief, is the main character.
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.