Audiobook: The Spirit of Youth and the City Streets
The Spirit of Youth and the City Streets
1 - 01 - Ch 1 - Youth in the City
- Download 01 - Ch 1 - Youth in the City audio
- Download 02 - Ch 2 - The Wrecked Foundations of Domesticity audio
- Download 03 - Ch 3 - The Quest for Adventure audio
- Download 04 - Ch 4 - The House of Dreams audio
- Download 05 - Ch 5 - The Spirit of Youth and Industry audio
- Download 06 - Ch 6 - The Thirst for Righteousness audio
Much of the material in the following pages has appeared in current publications. It is here presented in book form in the hope that it may prove of value to those groups of people who in many cities are making a gallant effort to minimize the dangers which surround young people and to provide them with opportunities for recreation.
(Introduction by Jane Addams)
Jane Addams (1860 – 1935) was the first American woman to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. In a long, complex career, she was a pioneer settlement worker and founder of Hull House in Chicago, a public philosopher, a sociologist, an author and a spokesperson for women's suffrage and world peace.
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.