Audiobook: In Galilee
1 - 01 – Quotes; Arrival; Haifa
- Download 01 – Quotes; Arrival; Haifa audio
- Download 02 – The Holy Land; Mount Carmel; The Tomb of the Bab audio
- Download 03 – The Way of the Sea audio
- Download 04 – The Welcome, Abdul-Baha, the Mid-Day Meal audio
- Download 05 – Universal Love, Dawn in Acca, the Sabbath Visit audio
- Download 06 – Lessons of Humility, Incidents, A Heavenly Atmosphere audio
- Download 07 – The Servant of God; the Law of Love; Unity, Love and Service audio
- Download 08 – The Feast of Fellowship; The World’s Maturity audio
- Download 09 – The Parting; The Tomb and the Rizwan audio
Thornton Chase (1847 – 1912) is commonly recognized as the first convert to the Bahá’í Faith of Occidental background. During his life he organized many Bahá’í activities in Chicago and Los Angeles and was considered a prominent Bahá’í. In 1907 Chase was able to go on pilgrimage. Though Chase was able to be with `Abdu’l Bahá in Akka for only three days, the experience transformed him. `Abdu’l Bahá, highly impressed by Chase’s qualities, conferred on him the title Thábit, “steadfast.” On returning home Chase wrote an account of his pilgrimage, which was published under the title In Galilee in 1908. The short work gives a detailed and poignant description of `Abdu’l-Bahá’s home and family in Akka, as well as a moving description of `Abdu’l-Bahá Himself. The work remains one of the most important examples of the genre commonly known as pilgrim’s notes.
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.