1 - 00 Preface and Introduction
- Download 00 Preface and Introduction audio
- Download 01 Mr. Noun audio
- Download 02 Little Article audio
- Download 03 Mr. Pronoun audio
- Download 04 Serjeant Parsing's Visit to Schoolroom-shire audio
- Download 05 Mr. Adjective audio
- Download 06 Mr. Adjective Tried for Stealing audio
- Download 07 The Quarrel Between Mr. Pronoun and Mr. Adjective, and Little Interjection audio
- Download 08 Dr. Verb audio
- Download 09 Dr. Verb's Three Tenses, and Number, and Persons audio
- Download 10 Serjeant Parsing in Schoolroom-Shire Again audio
- Download 11 The Nominative Case audio
- Download 12 Adverb audio
- Download 13 Preposition audio
- Download 14 Prepositions Govern the Objective Case audio
- Download 15 Conjunction audio
- Download 16 Active Verbs Govern the Objective Case audio
- Download 17 The Possessive Case, and Who's to Have the Prize? audio
In this charming 1877 book of grammar instruction for children, we are introduced to the nine parts of speech and learn about the rules that govern them in Grammar-Land.
"Judge Grammar is far mightier than any Fairy Queen, for he rules over real kings and queens down here in Matter-of-fact-land. Our kings and queens have all to obey Judge Grammar’s laws, or else they would talk what is called bad grammar; and then, even their own subjects would laugh at them, and would say: “Poor things!
They are funny fellows, these nine Parts-of-Speech. You will find out by-and-by which you like best amongst them all. There is rich Mr. Noun, and his useful friend Pronoun; little ragged Article, and talkative Adjective; busy Dr. Verb, and Adverb; perky Preposition, convenient Conjunction, and that tiresome Interjection, the oddest of them all."
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.