Audiobook: Futility, Or the Wreck of the Titan
Futility, Or the Wreck of the Titan
1 - 01 – Chapter One
- Download 01 – Chapter One audio
- Download Alternate – Chapter One audio
- Download 02 – Chapter Two audio
- Download Alternate – Chapter Two audio
- Download 03 – Chapter Three audio
- Download 04 – Chapter Four audio
- Download 05 – Chapter Five audio
- Download 06 – Chapter Six audio
- Download 07 – Chapter Seven audio
- Download 08 – Chapter Eight audio
- Download 09 – Chapter Nine audio
- Download 10 – Chapter Ten audio
- Download 11 – Chapter Eleven audio
- Download 12 – Chapter Twelve audio
- Download 13 – Chapter Thirteen audio
- Download 14 – Chapter Fourteen audio
- Download 15 – Chapter Fifteen audio
- Download 16 – Chapter Sixteen audio
This novel was published a full 14 years before the sinking of the Titanic, but listeners may be surprised at how many parallels this fictional tale has with subsequent true events.
The Titan is the largest and most technologically advanced steamship of her time. She is considered unsinkable. Her full speed crossings of the Northern Lane Route carry her rich passengers in the highest standards of luxury and comfort. The less well-off travel in rougher quarters but still benefit from the speed of travel. These crossings, however, are fraught with navigational hazards, the greatest of which is ice.
Unlike the ship, one member of her crew is not of the highest standard. At least, not anymore. John Rowland is a broken man who drinks to forget his past. However, when the Titan crashes into an iceberg during her attempt to break a speed record, he is forced to confront his past. Can he overcome his enemies and escape as the ship begins to sink? And can he make his way back to civilization and find self-respect once more? Adventure and soul-searching await Rowland, with a surprise ending.
Summary by Tom Weiss and Cori Samuel.
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.