Audiobook: East of the Sun and West of the Moon
East of the Sun and West of the Moon
1 - 00 - Preface
- Download 00 - Preface audio
- Download 01 - East of the Sun and West of the Moon audio
- Download 02 - The Blue Belt audio
- Download 03 - Prince Lindworm audio
- Download 04 - The Lassie and her Godmother audio
- Download 05 - The Husband Who was to Mind the House audio
- Download 06 - The Lad Who went to the North Wind audio
- Download 07 - The Three Princesses of Whiteland audio
- Download 08 - Soria Moria Castle audio
- Download 09 - The Giant Who had no Heart in his Body audio
- Download 10 - The Princess on the Glass Hill audio
- Download 11 - The Widow's Son audio
- Download 12 - The Three Billy Goats Gruff audio
- Download 13 - The Three Princesses in the Blue Mountain audio
- Download 14 - The Cat on the Dovrefell audio
- Download 15 - One's Own Children are always Prettiest audio
Once on a time there was a poor husbandman who had so many children that he hadn’t much of either food or clothing to give them. Pretty children they all were, but the prettiest was the youngest daughter, who was so lovely there was no end to her loveliness.
So one day, ’twas on a Thursday evening late at the fall of the year, the weather was so wild and rough outside, and it was so cruelly dark, and rain fell and wind blew, till the walls of the cottage shook again. There they all sat round the fire, busy with this thing and that. But just then, all at once something gave three taps on the window-pane. Then the father went out to see what was the matter; and, when he got out of doors, what should he see but a great big White Bear.
“Good-evening to you!” said the White Bear.
“The same to you!” said the man.
“Will you give me your youngest daughter? If you will, I’ll make you as rich as you are now poor,” said the Bear. (from the book)
This collection of old Scandinavian fairy tales will enchant you with stories of trolls, enchanted castles, princesses and a White Bear (summary by Nadine)
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.