Audiobook: Cape Cod Stories
Cape Cod Stories
1 - 01 Two Pairs Of Shoes
- Download 01 Two Pairs Of Shoes audio
- Download 02 The Count And The Manager audio
- Download 03 The South Shore Weather Bureau audio
- Download 04 The Dog Star audio
- Download 05 The Mare And The Motor audio
- Download 06 The Mark On The Door audio
- Download 07 The Love Of Lobelia 'ankins audio
- Download 08 The Meanness Of Rosy audio
- Download 09 The Antiquers audio
- Download 10 His Native Heath audio
- Download 11 Jonesy audio
This book (eleven short stories) was also published under the title of “The Old Home House”. Joseph Crosby Lincoln (1870 – 1944) was an American author of novels, poems, and short stories, many set in a fictionalized Cape Cod. Lincoln's work frequently appeared in popular magazines such as the Saturday Evening Post and The Delineator.... Lincoln claimed that he was satisfied "spinning yarns" that made readers feel good about themselves and their neighbors. Two of his stories have been adapted to film. Lincoln's literary career celebrating "old Cape Cod" can partly be seen as an attempt to return to an Eden from which he had been driven by family tragedy. His literary portrayal of Cape Cod can also be understood as a pre-modern haven occupied by individuals of old Yankee stock which was offered to readers as an antidote to an America that was undergoing rapid modernization, urbanization, immigration, and industrialization.... Lincoln died in 1944, at the age of 73, in Winter Park, Florida.
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.