Audiobook: Month on the Norfolk Broads
Month on the Norfolk Broads
1 - Preface
- Download Preface audio
- Download Chapter 1 - Just a-going to begin audio
- Download Chapter 2 - Beccles to Yarmouth audio
- Download Chapter 3 - Yarmouth audio
- Download Chapter 4 - Yarmouth to Potter Heigham audio
- Download Chapter 5 - Potter Heigham, Up the Thurne, Back to St.Benet's audio
- Download Chapter 6 - St. Benet's and up the Ant audio
- Download Chapter 7 - Barton Broad and Stalham Staithe audio
- Download Chapter 8 - Up the Ant to Ebridge Mill audio
- Download Chapter 9 - An Ancestor Hunt audio
- Download Chapter 10 - Up to Wroxham audio
- Download Chapter 11 - Down the Norwich River to Yarmouth audio
- Download Norfolk & Suffolk Fisheries Act - Bye Laws audio
- Download Everything for your holiday - from Provisions to Pianos (Adverts) audio
Back in the late 1880s, Walter Rye and a number of friends accompanied by an American couple (who were researching the history of their Norfolk ancestry), took a holiday on the Norfolk Broads and enjoyed a leisurely tour around the waterways of this unique part of Eastern England.This book documents some of the highlights of their trip on board the wherry Zöe and the hybrid wherry/cutter Lotus, as they sailed and explored many places of interest of the region.
Although born in London, Walter Rye's family came from Norfolk, a county that he moved back to early in his life. He had a lifelong interest in the Broads region and was an acknowledged expert antiquarian in all aspects of Norfolk history.
Interested but haven't got a whole month to spare? Well, why not jump aboard anyway and listen in for a few short hours as "the poet, the athlete, the liar and the antiquary", our American visitors and Mr Rye hoist their sails and head out to see what they can discover on their waterborne cruise. - Summary by TND
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.