Audiobook: People of the Black Circle (version 2)
People of the Black Circle (version 2)
1 - Death Strikes a King
- Download Death Strikes a King audio
- Download A Barbarian from the Hills audio
- Download Khemsa Uses Magic audio
- Download An Encounter in the Pass audio
- Download The Black Stallion audio
- Download The Mountain of the Black Seers audio
- Download On to Yimsha audio
- Download Yasmina Knows Stark Terror audio
- Download The Castle of the Wizards audio
- Download Yasmina and Conan audio
The People of the Black Circle" is one of the original novellas about Conan the Cimmerian, written by American author Robert E. Howard and first published in Weird Tales magazine in three parts over the September, October and November 1934 issues. Howard earned $250 for the publication of this story.
It is set in the pseudo-historical Hyborian Age and concerns Conan kidnapping a regal princess of Vendhya (pre-historical India) and foiling a nefarious plot of world domination by the Black Seers of Yimsha. Due to its epic scope and atypical Hindustan flavor, the story is considered an undisputed classic of Conan lore and is often cited by Howard scholars as one of his best tales. It is also one of the few Howard stories where the reader is treated a deeper insight on magic and magicians beyond the stereotypical Hyborian depiction as demon conjurer-illusionist-priests. - Summary from Wikipedia
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.