Audiobook: Brain and the Voice in Speech and Song
Brain and the Voice in Speech and Song
1 - Theories on the origin of speech
- Download Theories on the origin of speech audio
- Download The vocal instrument part 1 audio
- Download The vocal instrument part 2 audio
- Download The vocal instrument part 3; Pathological Degenerative Changes Producting Speech Defects and What They Teach audio
- Download The cerebral mechanism of speech and song; Speech and Right Handedness audio
- Download Localisation of speech centers in the brain; The Primary Site of Revival of Words in Silent Thought audio
- Download Case of deafness arising from destruction of auditory centres in the brain causing loss of speech audio
- Download Primary revival of some sensations in the brain; Psychic Mechanism of the Voice audio
From the Preface: "The contents of this little book formed the subject of three lectures delivered at the Royal Institution "On the Mechanism of the Human Voice" and three London University lectures at King's College on "The Brain in relation to Speech and Song." I have endeavoured to place this subject before my readers in as simple language as scientific accuracy and requirements permit. Where I have been obliged to use technical anatomical and physiological terms I have either explained their meaning in the text, aided by diagrams and figures, or I have given in brackets the English equivalents of the terms used. I trust my attempt to give a sketch of the mechanism of the human voice, and how it is produced in speech and song, may prove of interest to the general public, and I even hope that teachers of voice production may find some of the pages dealing with the brain mechanism not unworthy of their attention."
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.