Audiobook: Little Colonel in Arizona
Little Colonel in Arizona
1 - 01 - Mary Tells All She Knows
- Download 01 - Mary Tells All She Knows audio
- Download 02 - A Robinson Crusoe of the Desert audio
- Download 03 - A Day at School audio
- Download 04 - Ware's Wigwam audio
- Download 05 - What a Letter Brought About audio
- Download 06 - Wash-Day and Washington audio
- Download 07 - A Surprise audio
- Download 08 - In the Desert of Waiting audio
- Download 09 - Lloyd's Duck Hunt audio
- Download 10 - The School of the Bees audio
- Download 11 - The New Boarder at Lee's Ranch audio
- Download 12 - Phil Has a Finger in the Pie audio
- Download 13 - A Change of Fortune audio
- Download 14 - The Lost Turquoises audio
- Download 15 - Lost on the Desert audio
- Download 16 - Back to Dixie audio
In The Little Colonel in Arizona the story is centered around the Ware family, who, after their husband and father has died, and due to the mother's illness, have to move from Kentucky to Arizona. Joyce now has to take most of the responsibility for holding the family together. She is having difficulties in coming to terms with the family's new existence, feeling lonely and that her dreams for the future will never come true. But when she learns to know an invalid at Lee's Ranch who tells her the “Legend of Camelback Mountain”, and she learns the “Lesson of the Bees”, she begins to see a new hope growing
A letter to Lloyd, “the Little Colonel”, has the effect that she comes to visit the Ware's at their Wigwam for a month. Here she meets the handsome and likeable Phil Tremont who stirs something in her heart, and she wonders if he might be the one written in the stars for her. But Phil, kind and likeable as he is, has his own problems and has to learn to handle them and to learn the “Legend of Alaka and the lost turquoises”.
Another important person who we get to know more of in this story is the talkative and entertaining little Mary Ware, who has an important role in other, later stories.
Liked what you heard? Share it with your friends and family!.